Dive into the virtual skies with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, but remember, a souped-up PC is your ticket to fly. With VR tech soaring, the specs for the ultimate MSFS 2020 rig are climbing higher.
Whether you’re a novice or a pro, the right build takes your experience from good to extraordinary.
Key factors in a VR PC build for MSFS 2020 include a powerful graphics card for high-resolution displays and smooth graphics rendering. The CPU, RAM, and storage are also crucial. We’ve conducted exhaustive research and testing on various PC builds for peak MSFS 2020 VR experiences.
This article presents our findings and guides you through building the best PC for VR with MSFS 2020. We’ve also written a helpful guide to choosing the best VR headsets for experiencing MSFS 2020. In that article, I reveal my personal favorite.
Table of Contents
Best VR-Ready PC Builds for MSFS 2020
We’ve curated a selection of top PC builds tailored for VR with MSFS 2020. For enthusiasts seeking the exhilaration of virtual flight, a PC capable of high-demand VR gaming is essential.
Our research and testing process has yielded the leading options, offering superior performance and graphics for immersive VR. I’ve arranged them in order of performance, starting with the highest performance. Some of that may be a little subjective, it’s my personal opinion.
Let’s get into it!
The Skytech Siege 3.0 Gaming PC Desktop emerges as a worthy contender for gamers seeking top-tier performance with MSFS 2020.
- The AMD Ryzen 7 5800X processor and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics card ensure high-quality performance for demanding games.
- The 360mm AIO liquid cooler and four RGB fans effectively maintain system temperature during prolonged gaming.
- A 1TB Gen4 NVMe SSD offers ample storage and swift load times.
- The Skytech Siege 3.0 is costly, potentially discouraging budget-oriented gamers.
- The case design, while unique, might not appeal to all users and access to some internal components may pose a challenge.
- Minor issues with Wi-Fi connectivity have been reported, though these are resolvable by switching to a wired connection.
We recommend the Skytech Siege 3.0 Gaming PC Desktop for those in pursuit of a top-notch MS Flight Simulator 2020 rig. Its powerful hardware and sleek design make it an excellent choice for discerning gamers seeking optimal gaming experiences.
The Skytech Blaze II Gaming PC Desktop stands as a prime choice for gamers desiring a cost-effective yet potent rig, particularly for high-definition VR games such as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
- This PC, powered by the latest AMD Ryzen 5 Processor and NVIDIA RTX series graphics cards, guarantees exceptional performance for immersive VR experiences.
- A 500GB NVME SSD offers quick load times and immediate file access, significantly boosting MSFS 2020 performance.
- Even under heavy VR workloads, the system maintains coolness, courtesy of the 3 x RGB RING fans. The stylish Skytech mATX Mid-Tower Tempered Glass Case adds a visual edge.
- The pre-installed Windows 11 Home 64-bit OS might not support some older software.
- The brand of the graphics card may vary, which could potentially impact system performance and quality.
- The included 16GB DDR4 RAM 3200 Gaming Memory with Heat Spreader might be inadequate for running high-end VR games or applications.
The Skytech Blaze II Gaming PC Desktop won us over with its speed, performance, and sleek design, serving as a robust platform for MSFS 2020 VR gaming. The RGB RING fans and 500GB NVME SSD only add to its gaming prowess.
Given its impressive performance and affordability, the Skytech Blaze II Gaming PC Desktop offers excellent value. It comes highly recommended for gamers in search of a cost-effective, high-performing rig for immersive MSFS 2020 VR experiences.
The Skytech Archangel Gaming PC Desktop makes a strong case for gamers seeking a potent PC capable of running popular MSFS 2020 at Ultra settings.
- Equipped with an Intel Core i5 Processor and NVIDIA RTX series graphics card, this PC assures first-rate performance.
- A 1TB NVME SSD provides rapid load times and ample storage space.
- The 3 RGB RING fans ensure excellent air circulation and add a stylish touch.
- The case design might be too ostentatious for some tastes.
- There have been some user reports regarding power supply issues.
- The bundled keyboard and mouse are basic.
In our hands-on experience with the Skytech Archangel Gaming PC Desktop, it exhibited commendable performance, handling games like Call of Duty Warzone, Fortnite, and Grand Theft Auto V at Ultra settings with ease. The 1440p Quad HD resolution and smooth 60+ FPS gameplay enriched the gaming experience.
While the case design might be overdone for some, we found the tempered glass and white design appealing. Potential buyers should note that there have been some reports regarding power supply issues. The included keyboard and mouse, although basic, are functional.
We recommend the Skytech Archangel Gaming PC Desktop to anyone seeking a potent gaming PC capable of handling MSFS at Ultra settings.
The Allied Gaming Patriot Desktop PC stands out as a budget-friendly, VR-ready gaming machine, especially for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
- The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor and AMD RX 6700 XT 12GB dedicated video card promise powerful and smooth performance for MSFS 2020 VR experiences.
- With 16GB DDR4 3200MHz gaming memory with heat spreader, this PC ensures quick multitasking and seamless gameplay.
- The system is equipped with a 500GB PCIe NVMe SSD, offering up to 30x faster speeds than traditional HDDs, enabling rapid boot and load times.
- The A520M Aorus Elite motherboard might lack certain advanced features.
- The 650 Watt 80+ Gold power supply could limit users planning on future system upgrades.
- The custom ARGB case lighting might not appeal to all aesthetics.
The Allied Gaming Patriot Desktop PC proves to be an excellent choice for MSFS 2020 enthusiasts seeking a VR-ready machine on a budget. Its powerful processor, dedicated video card, and gaming memory promise immersive VR gaming experiences. While the motherboard might lack advanced features, it covers the necessary bases for gaming.
Upgrading enthusiasts might find the power supply limiting, and the ARGB case lighting, while visually engaging to some, might not suit everyone’s tastes. However, these minor drawbacks do not overshadow its solid performance, making the Allied Gaming Patriot Desktop PC a high-value pick for MSFS 2020 VR gaming.
The AVGPC Quiet Series Gaming PC is a top-notch choice for gamers seeking an efficient and quiet machine, especially for demanding games like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
- With a 240mm liquid cooling system and a quiet performance fan, this PC ensures silent, smooth operation during intensive VR sessions.
- The GeForce RTX 3050 8GB video card and 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM deliver smooth and lag-free gameplay for MSFS 2020.
- Equipped with a 1TB NVME M.2 SSD, this PC provides ample storage space for games and other files.
- The component makes and models might differ from those shown in the product images.
- There might be variations in the I/O ports. Customers should check with AVGPC for detailed specifications.
- The included keyboard and mouse may not appeal to everyone.
The AVGPC Quiet Series Gaming PC impresses with its performance and quiet operation. The liquid cooling system and performance fan ensure the PC runs smoothly even under heavy VR loads. Coupled with a powerful video card and ample RAM, this machine is well-suited for immersive MSFS 2020 experiences. The spacious SSD offers quick load times and storage for extensive game libraries.
Potential buyers should note that the specific components and I/O ports may vary. AVGPC provides excellent customer support to clarify these details. Despite minor drawbacks, the AVGPC Quiet Series Gaming PC stands as a recommendable choice for those seeking a powerful, quiet, and competitively priced gaming PC for MSFS 2020.
Aimed at budget-conscious gamers seeking VR and MSFS 2020 capabilities, the CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme PC stands as a worthwhile consideration.
- The AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT 4GB Video Card ensures smooth, VR-ready graphics, providing an immersive MSFS 2020 experience.
- The quick boot and load times facilitated by the 500GB NVMe SSD enhance gameplay performance.
- The tempered glass side case panel coupled with custom RGB case lighting provides an attractive aesthetic.
- With only 8GB DDR4 RAM, it may be lacking for some resource-intensive games.
- The Intel Core i3-12100F 3.3GHz 4-Core CPU is decent, but not the most powerful.
- The bundled keyboard and mouse are basic and might require an upgrade for serious gamers.
Our tests revealed that the CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme Gaming PC ran MSFS 2020 smoothly at high settings. The AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT 4GB Video Card rendered graphics crisply, and the 500GB NVMe SSD ensured quick loading times. The system’s design, featuring tempered glass and RGB lighting, added a stylish touch.
We did note some limitations, though. The 8GB DDR4 RAM might fall short for more demanding games, and the Intel Core i3-12100F CPU isn’t the most robust option. Additionally, the included keyboard and mouse are fairly basic, potentially warranting an upgrade.
The CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme Gaming PC is a strong choice for those seeking an affordable gaming PC capable of handling VR and MSFS 2020. However, potential buyers should be aware of its limitations and consider necessary component upgrades.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: Optimal PC Build Guide
To achieve a top-tier VR experience in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, a high-performance PC build is essential.
Minimum PC Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 (version 1909)
- Processor: Intel i5-4460 or Ryzen 3 1200
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 or Radeon RX 570
- Memory: 8 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM
- Storage: 150 GB
- DirectX: DirectX 11
Note: These are just the basic requirements for MSFS 2020, providing limited performance and modest graphics.
Optimal PC Build and Buying Guide
For the optimal VR experience with MSFS 2020, pay attention to these components in your build:
- CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K or AMD Ryzen 9 5900X – High-clock speed with multiple cores.
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT – Ample VRAM, high clock speed, DirectX 12, and VR support.
- RAM: At least 16GB DDR4 (32GB is ideal) – High-speed, low-latency RAM kit.
- Storage: Fast SSD with at least 1TB capacity – Quick loading times for your games and files.
- Power Supply: At least 750 watts – A high-wattage supply with an 80+ efficiency rating.
- Cooling: Liquid cooling for the CPU and high-quality air cooler for the GPU.
Building a high-performance PC for a VR-ready MSFS 2020 experience requires careful component selection.
Choosing a top-tier processor, graphics card, memory, storage, and power supply will ensure you have a powerful machine capable of offering a smooth and immersive VR flight simulation experience.
If you can afford it, get the Skytech Siege 3.0 for best overall performance but if you’re on a budget you’ll also get a decent value and enjoyment from the other PCs mentioned above.